Without the 20,000+ hours of volunteer help each year, the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank would be unable to provide food to the thousands of hungry people in the community.
Volunteers are invaluable to the Food Bank. Without the 20,000 plus hours of volunteer help each year, the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank would be unable to provide food to the thousands of hungry in the community.
Ways To Volunteer For The Food Bank
- sort food - any food donated to the food bank must be sorted and catagorized for distribution to agencies.
- various warehouse activities - activities include cleaning, wrapping barrels, organizing, etc.
- office duties - basic computer tasks, filing, etc.
- mail outs - stuffing and sealing envelopes for various mailouts
- barrel buddies - checks and empties the food bank barrels at local sites and delivers food to the food bank
- special events - various events througout the year rely on help of volunteers to ensure a successful event
Volunteer hours are:
Monday-Friday – 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturdays – 8 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
The Food Bank can provide each volunteer with a record of their service hours. These are used for fulfilling educational requirements, community service for minor offenses, demonstrating your active participation in our community and acknowledging your generosity.